The global Optical Coating Market is expected to reach USD 19.70 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for smartphones, tablets and high resolution displays is expected to drive growth over the forecast period.
Rising utilization of consumer electronics coupled with technological advancement in this area is expected to augment demand over the next seven years. Optical coatings are used on glass surfaces which are further used in host of applications. Growing concern regarding energy efficient buildings has led to increased use of optical coatings in architectural glass. As per the LEED standards for green buildings, optical coatings play an important role in reducing energy consumption through thermal insulation and results in effective cooling and reduced costs. Favorable regulatory policies around the globe are expected to propel product demand in architectural glass applications over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Anti-reflective segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10.0% from 2015 to 2022 in terms of volume. Declining prices of smartphones and tablets, coupled with emergence of new technologies in terms of improved user interface is expected to drive demand over the forecast period. Anti-reflective coatings are being widely used in optics and laser industry which is expected to further propel growth over the next seven years.
- Solar application is expected to witness significant development owing to increasing investment to set up power plants particularly in emerging economies across the globe. In addition, government policies including grant of incentives and subsidies to promote development of alternate energy sources is expected to increase product consumption over the forecast period.
- North America accounted for a share of over 30.0% of the global market in terms of revenue. Consumer demand for emerging technologies is expected to propel the market growth. Continuous innovation and rising spending in military & defense industry for applications including night vision cameras, beam attenuators and range finding is expected to augment growth.
- Europe is expected to witness significant growth owing to rising use of optical coatings in automobile displays, car windows and headlamps. In addition, increasing middle class population coupled with rising requirement of affordable cars is expected to propel product market over the forecast period.
- Newport Corporation is involved in manufacturing of precision optics, sub-micron positioning system, vibration isolation and laser systems. The company acquired ILX Lightwave Corporation for USD 9.3 million in 2012 which has helped to expand its capabilities in photonics measurement and test. Similarly, in March 2014, PPG industries acquired Comex, an architectural coatings manufacturer in order to strengthen its position in the Mexican market.
See More Reports of This Category:
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519