The global orthobiologics market is expected to reach USD 10.2 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The orthobiologics market is predominantly driven by the increasing orthopedic disease and musculoskeletal disease burden globally. Moreover, emerging technological innovations in biomaterials, used in the production of orthobiologics are presumed to accelerate the market demand over the forecast period. These predominantly include modifications in graft designs, advent of recombinant biologic agents, stem cell therapy and cultured tissue scaffolds.
These advancements are accompanied with the benefits such as enhanced biocompatibility, reduced surgical time and smaller incisions. Furthermore, these novel solutions are presumed to efficiently reduce the recurrence of post-operative complications, which in turn is expected to boost the orthobiologics market during the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2015, viscosupplementation accounted for the largest share in the product segment owing to being a cost efficient therapeutic alternative for symptomatic management of osteoarthritis
- Spinal fusion held the largest share in the application segment in 2015, owing to presence of third party insurers and reimbursement structure for fusion enhancement products thus triggering growth
- In 2015, North America accounted for the dominant share owing to consistent efforts of industry players in promoting awareness pertinent to the orthobiological products resulting in significant rise in adoption rate
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to exhibit an exponential CAGR as a consequence of significant surge in healthcare spending and awareness levels with respect to the availability of orthobiologics
- The prominent players are consistently indulging into extensive strategies to gain competitive position including regional expansion and mergers & acquisitions to capture a greater market share
- For instance, in November 2015, Bioventus acquired BioStructures, a bioabsorbable bone graft developer. This acquisition was carried out to expand orthobiologics product portfolio and grafting solutions in order to expand their market share
See More Reports of This Category:
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519