Global egg phosphatidylcholine market is poised to reach USD 12.2 million by 2020.Key factors attributing to its rapid growth include the presence of high chlorine essential nutrient content which helps patients to recover from memory loss. Growing occurrence of neurological diseases including amnesia and Alzheimer’s among aged population is expected to increase the demand for egg phosphatidylcholine.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Demand for egg phosphatidylcholine is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to increasing awareness among consumers regarding consumption of food high with nutritional value. Increasing awareness among youth to use quality cosmetic products is expected to further propel growth.
- In cosmetics, the compound is used as a solubilizer, moisturizer and emulsifier for different ointments. It helps in preventing cellular damage to the skin structure and provides elasticity and smoothness. The segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period to reach a value exceeding USD 2.1 million by 2020.
- Dietary supplements were valued at USD 5.7 million in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period. Rising consumer awareness regarding general well-being by consumption of essential nutrientsis expected to fuel growth.
- Egg phosphatidylcholine demand for pharmaceutical exceeded USD 1.2 million in 2013. They help in enhancing solubility of active ingredients in pharmaceutical formulations. Increasing government spending on the development of the healthcare sector across the globe is expected to bolster growth.
- Europe was the leading market accounting for 34.0% of the global industry in 2013 owing to high consumer awareness regarding the benefits of the ingredient. Rising demand for cosmetics in countries including Germany, France, Italy and UK is expected to increase demand over the forecast period.
- Demand for the product in North America is being driven due to the presence of numerous dietetic supplement manufacturers in the region. The market is estimated to reach a value of USD 3.70 million by 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for egg phosphatidylcholine in various end-use applications including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements coupled with the growth of these end-use industries is expected to drive growth.
- Prominent players in the industry include NOF America Corporation, Jena Bioscience GmbH, Harmony Whole Foods Market, Natural Factors, Kewpie Corporation, Nutrasal Inc., Avanti Polar Lipids Inc. and Vitamin Research Products. The industry has a high degree of consolidation owing to limited number of manufacturers. In addition, volatility in raw material and product pricing will deter the entry of new players.