The global cellulose fibers market is expected to reach USD 48.37 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing gap between the demand and production of natural cellulose fibers across various end-use industries is the major factor for the growth of the market. In addition, the rise in textile & apparel industries in developing and emerging economies is also anticipated to fuel the global market growth.
Increasing demand for eco-friendly and biodegradable fibers, especially in textile and hygiene industry is driving the cellulose fibers market. The production of synthetic or man-made fibers includes the industrial processing of wood pulp derived from botanical sources. However, the manufacturing of cellulose fibers entails mechanical and chemical processing of wood pulp. Viscose, triacetate, and acetate are the most common variants of rayon, which are man-made cellulose fibers used extensively across end-use industries.
The cellulose fibers market is highly capital intensive and requires proper expertise. The players present in the market are constantly engaged in the research & development for new product and technology innovations. The fluctuating raw material prices, rigid regulation regarding forestry & environmental and declining cotton production are the major challenges faced by the industry.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global cellulose fiber market is anticipated to reach 48.37 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 9.1% from 2016 to 2025
- The synthetic cellulose fiber segment dominated the market with 42% of the overall volume share in 2015
- Textile was the prominent segment in 2015.The key application of these fibers in textile industry is to reinforce composites and filter chemicals
- Asia Pacificdominated the market in 2015 and is expected to show the same trend over the forecast period
- Asian countries, such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, Pakistan, Taiwan, and Indonesia are the major market in the region owing to the remarkable growth in textile and industrial application
- North America & Europe are mature markets and is expected to show the same growth trend over the forecast period
- The market is fragmented and competitive in nature, with presence of local as well as big companies
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Lenzing AG, Sateri, Kelheim Fibres GmbH, Grasim Industries Limited, Fulida Group Holdings Co., Ltd, China Bambro Textile (Group) Co., Ltd, CFF GmbH & Co. KG, CreaFill Fibers Corporation, International Paper, and Grupo Sniace.