The global non-invasive prenatal testing market is anticipated to reach USD 5.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Evolution of prenatal testing in the form of noninvasive tests that can serve as an intermediate step between serum screening and invasive diagnostic testing to determine the likelihood of fetal abnormality is expected to drive growth in the reproductive genetics industry over the forecast period.
In addition, presence of payers such as Anthem and Blue Shield of California that have endorsed cfDNA-based Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) for trisomies 13, 18, and 21 is expected to impact the adoption rate of these tests, thereby resulting in increased revenue generation.
However, the projected NIPT-related price erosion in this market is expected to continue, thus intensifying competition amongst the operating participants, but restraining revenue generation to a certain extent.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The market is segmented on the basis of the tests carried out during the gestation period as 0-12 weeks, 13-24 weeks, and 25-36 weeks
- 13-24 weeks accounted for the largest share owing to the presence of maximum number of the tests carried out in this phase of pregnancy
- High & average risk pregnancy held the larger share owing to presence of favorable payer reimbursement in this segment
- Rising awareness pertaining to the prevention and screening of chromosomal anomalies, such as Down Syndrome is another factor anticipated to impact adoption
- Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest year-on-year progress owing to the gradually increasing average maternal age, & increasing incidence of chromosomal aneuploidies
- Some of the key players operating the market space include Natera, Inc;Illumina, Inc; Sequenom; Roche (Ariosa Diagnostics); Quest Diagnostics; and LabCorp
- One of the key trends followed by companies includes licensing of the test to other labs and generating significant revenue by collecting royalty payments