The global acoustic insulation market is expected to reach USD 16.55 billion in 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing standard of living, awareness regarding the effect of noise pollution on human health and stringent regulations have been driving the global acoustic insulation market so far.
Market growth will probably be driven by consumer needs and initiatives, while favorable regulations are also expected to play a crucial role in shaping the industry. Technological advancements in construction, industrial processing, and transportation industries will play a significant role in acoustic insulation market growth over the forecast period.
Increasing competition in automotive manufacturers to produce acoustically insulated luxury vehicles has taken the game far ahead. Aerospace and marine industries have been trying to isolate occupants from airborne and impact noises. Consumer demand for quieter and insulated cabins in vehicles and airplanes will probably help the segment growth over the forecast period.
Building & Construction has traditionally been using sound insulating materials to maintain a peaceful environment for the occupants. Penetration in the sector is primarily driven by regulatory mandates to control noise transmission level, especially in the U.S. and Europe. However, sluggish construction industry growth in Europe has inhibited the market growth in the past and the impact is expected to be seen over the forecast period as well.
Asia Pacific is the dominant market, and the demand has been driven by growing construction as well as transportation sectors. Europe closely follows Asia Pacific to be the second largest market for acoustic insulation products. Regional demand is driven by stringent regulations regarding the airborne, appliance and impact noise. Apart from regulations on noise at source, EU regulates noise transmission levels inside dwellings as well.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Rock wool emerged as the leading product segment with demand share exceeding 40% in 2015. Higher sound insulation, environment-friendly nature, and low prices have been responsible for the market penetration.
- Foamed plastic is expected to be the fastest growing product segment with revenue growth of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025. Better acoustic properties, ease of installation in addition to the dual benefits of acoustic as well as thermal insulation offered are expected to trigger the product demand.
- Building & construction dominates the market with a volume share exceeding 55% in 2015. Regulations and consumer demand mainly drive segment penetration.
- Asia Pacific acoustic insulation demand expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025. Growing transportation as well as construction sectors in the region will probably trigger the market growth.
- Expansion and acquisition to emerge as the critical factor for expanding the regional presence. Key companies operating the market include Rockwool International, Saint-Gobain, Knauf Insulation, BASF, Owen Corning Corporation, Johns Manville and Kingpan Group