The U.S. esters market is expected to reach USD 4.34 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. growing consumer awareness towards bio-based ingredients in cosmetic and surfactants sector is expected to play a key role in driving industry growth over the next seven years.
Surging fatty acid and allyl & aromatic esters demand can be attributed to growing personal care industry in the U.S. In addition, chemical functions such as stabilization of colloidal dispersions and detergency have contributed to its significant demand in cosmetic and soap applications.
Acrylic esters emerged as the leading product segment with demand share estimated at 42.3% in 2014. High penetration of this segment can be attributed to methyl acrylate that has significant demand in coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers (CASE) application. CASE segment was valued at 172.9 million in 2014. In addition, it is also used in producing woven & non-woven textiles, inks, pressure sensitive adhesives, leather finish, and plastics.
Fatty esters emerged as the second major contributor to industry growth in 2014. Growth in this segment can be attributed to surging demand for glycerol monostearate (GMS) in food additive and personal care industries. GMS demand in the U.S. is estimated to reach 180 kilo tons by 2022. Growing demand for seasonings and confectionary in various public gatherings and festivals is expected to drive GMS demand over the next seven years.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The U.S. esters market demand was 1,481.0 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 2,073.5 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2015 to 2022.
- Cellulose esters are anticipated to emerge as the fastest growing product segment and reach a net demand of 255.2 kilo tons by 2022.
- Lubricants segment is expected to emerge as the largest application for phosphate esters and is projected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period.
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) are estimated to emerge as fastest growing fatty acid ester owing to surging demand in dietary and medical supplements. MCT demand in dietary supplement is expected to reach USD 83.5 million by 2022.
- Key players operating in the industry include Arkema, Lanxess, Dow Chemical, Chemtura, and DuPont that have integrated the raw material processing and ester production. Other major industry participants include Rotuba, Elementis Specialties, Polymer Plastics Co. LC, PMC Biogenix, Croda International, Valtris Specialty Chemicals, Innospec, and LG Chem.
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report: